- The inability to do something despite writing it in your to-do list every day for an entire month.
- The realization that you just performed an action in a manner exactly like your mother/father used to do.
- The listing of everyone in your family–including the dog–before landing on the name of the person to whom you are actually speaking.
- The curious time span between the opening chords of a beloved song you haven’t heard in awhile and the slow recognition of what the song actually is.
- The irritating thing underneath your foot that you never can identify, despite removing and searching your sock and shoe twenty times.
- The rushing back of memory just at the instant of triumphant location of an item in a hard-to-find place (where you put it for safekeeping but then forgot where that place was).